With icy sidewalks, chilling winds and numb hands – it’s as important as ever to get ready with self-defense in-mind.
Follow these steps to ensure you’re dressed for defense in winter:
- -Keep it simple – Wearing clothes that limit mobility can slow you down when you need it most, so stick to the basics.
- -Warm your paws – Wear gloves! Not only do they keep your hands warm, so they’re not stuck in your pocket if you need them, but gives you some padding if you are in a hand-to-hand combat situation.
- -Stand your ground – Shoes with good traction are essential in the winter. You don’t want to be slipping on an icy sidewalk if you need to get away quick.
- -Protect your neck – Scarves are useful in the winter, but can be an easy target for an attacker to grab onto. If you’re wearing one, make sure to tuck it into your jacket.
- -Use their clothes against them – Hopefully any potential attackers haven’t found our blog, and have missed some of these key dressing tips. Take advantage of their laziness and use what they’re wearing against them – tug their scarf or lead a chase on an icy path!
Have any pointers for getting dressed in the winter that we missed? Let us know!